Thursday, June 15, 2006

First Hitch

I was having trouble with this new character that popped up in the story. I wasn't sure what to do about him moving into a major role and kind of coming between the main love interests. I've gone through the story a few different ways in my mind and he always comes to the front.

I think I finally figured out where things need to go. Actually, if I had trusted the story, and not worried about this fellow, I would have come to the same course of action I'm ending up with. I just had to follow the story out a few steps to see how he'll come into play and it draws on things that happened earlier and will happen later, so he ties in tightly to the story. I can't pull him out even if I wanted to now. Not that I wanted to. I was just worried about the course of the romantic arc. I should just trust the characters and let them tell me their story and quit getting in the way. :-)