Thursday, June 03, 2004

Getting Serious

I was grumping to myself this morning about hating my job while I searched monster.com for other simliar jobs that might pay more, when the thought hit me: "Why am I looking for a different crappy job instead of trying harder to get the job I want, which is to be a professional writer."

I am sitting on two perfectly good novels (Complimentary Murder and PSI Emergency) simply because I dislike revisions. I am sitting on a good screenplay (Remember Me) because I am waiting for inktip.com to produce a miracle. I'm going to review my status on the novels and make a submission plan for all three projects.

Sundance will post their 2005 request for entries on June 7th, and I am going to check into submitting Levitation to that. I'll be filming the 'pick-ups' this weekend.

I have the current subsection of Psionics Institutes 3/4 of the way done. I'm going to finish that today.

I also typed up a letter for Harlequin to get the guidelines for their medical romance line. If I get the subsection done today I can work on the romance this afternoon.