Sunday, June 23, 2002

From the mailbag

The mail on Saturday had a few interesting items. First of all it contained the long-awaited payment on the last 4 articles I wrote for Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society, which were 'published' on their webzine almost a year ago. I vowed not to write for Steve Jackson Games until they caught up on those payments. I'm toying with the idea of writing articles for them again, and possibly sending them a proposal for one of their Traveller suppliments.

The other item in the box was the manuscript for Complimentary Murder, a mystery novel Avalon has been considering. They rejected it, which I was expecting since they changed their format since the time I submitted it to grittier mysteries and mine was a cozy. The nice editor who gave me a personal rejection mentioned a few things in the novel for revisions and I have used those basic comments to outline revisions that I think will make the novel better. Once the revisions are done for Dead Sea (which I intend to e-mail Monday or Tuesday) I'll start the revisions on Complimentary Murder.