Friday, October 11, 2002

Trudging

The most important part of preparing to revise is to organize the revisions into managable bites. This is particularly true when the list of comments are so long. (YIKES!)

I copied the publisher's comments to a WORD file and picked it apart. The three main areas of comments were marked off with section headers. Comments that explained her opinion were left in plain text. I underlined any question that could be answered with a 'yes' or 'no', those are easily fixed usually with an added line or two in the proper place. Larger comments or suggestions that require more than a yes or no are set off with ****. Thus reconstructed, the comments ran 5 pages.

Now I can begin to make changes and cross off the the comments as I go. This is easier to keep track of, especially if I don't do the changes in the order they are listed. I'm hoping to have the revisions done and sent by the end of next weekend.