Monday, February 02, 2004

Escape Plan

I'm working on my escape plan today. That's what I call my screenwriting activities. That is how I hope to escape from the tedium of 7-3:30 office work. That is how I hope to escape from paycheck to paycheck living. That is how I hope to escape from debt. That is how I hope to escape from the agonies of dealing with my husband's ex-wife.

Today I am working on typing my screenplay "Remember Me."

My goals for Feb are:

- Type and edit "Remember Me" and make a query, outline and proposal for it.

- Submit the query to Girlie Girl Productions, which is the company I had in mind when I began the script because they are looking for romantic comedy.

- Read and decide on the public domain novel for screen adaptation, which will be the script I plan to write in March and submit to the BBC.

- Make special FX for "Levitation", the short film I plan to produce this summer. Also make the story boards and production schedule for the shoot.

Those should be do-able in the span of a month.