Sunday, December 16, 2001

502 words in Chapter 14 so far...

and it is going well so far. I have not hit a wall in the last several chapter which surprises me, but believe me I'm not complaining! Usually I get a chapter or two then lose momentum, and then wait days or months to get motivated to write again.

I think that Holly Lisle's advice in one of her articles has helped with this problem a lot. She said if you have trouble finishing novels that you should create 'candybar' scenes, one that you are dying to write, and use them as the carot to get you to write the chapters leading up to them. As someone addicted to chocolate, I know I can't wait even one chapter to get at least a taste of the good stuff, so I put a little bit of 'candybar' writing in each chapter. And suddenly...they are all fun to write!